Friday, May 24, 2013

IS THIS SOUND OKAY


(OVERLY DRAMATIC HIGH PITCHED SQUEAL) GUYS GUESS WHAT YOU'LL NEVER GUESS WHAT!! NEXT FRIDAY I'LL BE SHOWING MY FIRST EVER COLLECTION. EVER!

As you may know I'm studying fashion at tafe, currently in my second year. Last year I got the incredible opportunity to work backstage at Perth Fashion Week, where I met so many amazing people - including a gorgeous girl named Holly who now works for a non-profit organisation called Fox Feet. I bumped into Holly on my birthday at a place called the Bakery, where she told me all about Fox Feet and an upcoming event they were having. She explained it was to launch their website, and how they would have emerging designers showcasing their latest collections, as well as art, music, photography, and more. What she said next seriously surprised me: "You're still studying fashion, right? You should show some pieces!" I honestly thought she was kidding but here we are now, a week before the show preparing for model fittings, shopping around for accessories, looking for background music, aaaaahhhh its all so exciting! It's the first collection I've ever put together, if you could even call it that (5 outfits, best I could do in such a short amount of time!). If any of you are in Perth you should definitely come down and check it out!

2 comments:

  1. in love with this post, and your whole entire blog in general.

    lots of love from the casper&pearl girls – a little Aussie fashion brand
    casper&pearl blog
    xx

    ReplyDelete